View Single Post
Old 04.08.2010, 03:39 PM   #10021
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Coens once said they wanted to work in every genre. have they?

I'd go

1. No Country For Old Men
2. Fargo
3. Big Lebowski
4. Barton Fink
5. Raising Arizona
6. Miller's Crossing

I did not and do not enjoy Hudsucker Proxy. I was bored by the pointless Burn After Reading. I turnd off Oh Brother Wher art Thou

I'd go

Miller's Crossing
Fargo
The Man who Wasn't There
A Serious Man

the reason I don't like No Country is that it's really a correct interpretation of the Cormac book, so the Coens do not do their usual snappy dialog. If they made their OWN border movie, which would be GREAT, I'm sure, there would be some really nice dialog, especially among the gang members. Being that Cormac is maybe a little more racist than is generally seen (IMO) the Mexicans are really shorted in favor of the white folks in the movie, but that is how the book was, so it is a very good Cormac movie, but I don't think it should be top of the Coens.....
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|