View Single Post
Old 12.21.2018, 07:42 PM   #432
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Also last month, Housewives released a new song, "Speak To Me". Blank Editions' blurb is rather... heavy-handed:

Quote:

London experimental five-piece Housewives return for more anarchic genre-blending adventures with their new single 'Speak To Me', a synthesized collage written in Wetherspoons, cafes and anywhere away from their houseboats where they could find an electrical supply.

Exploring the possibilities of electronic sound, with dead-behind-the-eyes chanting, this latest snippet of things to come marks a turning point for the band who sold their guitars to buy midi equipment and swapped London rents for houseboat living.

Using huge live drums, saccharine vocal samples, pulsating sub bass and mechanically entwined guitar lines, 'Speak to Me' is a sign of the bands' new direction with a constantly evolving sound, creating an anxiety and tightness that assumes the feeling of a knot in the stomach, or a strained smile.

The band describe it as 'a love song of frustration and sensitivity through the eyes of a victim of the isolation of modern life. Quiet but not shy, voiceless, seething, dumb and in love'.

In the video, created by the band and our in-house art department, we're transported into a manifestation of the inescapable digital experience of our everyday lives and its effect on our psyche. The thin layer of perceptible reality is constantly disrupted via the breaking of the digital facade.

https://blankeditions.bandcamp.com/

https://housewivesband.bandcamp.com/track/speak-to-me

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|