View Single Post
Old 05.30.2007, 06:12 PM   #80
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
two things:

a) sarcarsm mixes well with uncomfortable truth...

b) no, I do not feelt it was harsh in any way. If anything, I felt that he was being way to harsh on himself regarding his art. while it is HIS art, my point was that it isn't really art until it is shared. see, everybody in this world has an imagination, and what separates everyday imaginitive people from artists is that artists have the ability to tangibly recreate and express their imaginations to other people. if you do not share what you create, it realistically remains in your head, regardless if you wrote, recorded, painted, or otherwise manufactured it.

it's only art if it's shared with others? i beg to differ. that's probably the dumbest thing i've ever read. if and when it's been recorded, it has been created, tangibly, and there's really no further need to share it with others if one doesn't feel the need to do so. music isn't always created to serve the purpose of another. sometimes it's purely selfish and intimate and it's actually pretty heavy handed to think that everything created is worthy as being deemed art. actually, it depreciates the artistic value of anything actually worth a damn.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|