View Single Post
Old 07.19.2006, 08:33 PM   #66
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasher02
Sonic Nurse is a masterpiece, this should have been the final SY-album. It would have been a perfect finisher BUT NOOOOOOO THEY wanted to make a ghey-ass pop record album.

I rly hope the next one will have some noise.

I agree, dude. Sonic Nurse would have been one hell of a Swan Song. But instead of visiting the great song structures of Nurse for inspiration on Rather Ripped they had had to go and release this weak, thin sounding record.

I also want the next record to be more adventurous with feedback and noise. They should play around more with pedals. Maybe some tremolo, envelope filters, flanger and phasing, and some cool delay and loop effects. Im surprised SY hasn't done more of this. They are such a smart band and such a pioneering and adventurous one at that. They inspired a lot of other musicians to flirt with noise. But the thing is, many other bands in the same vein as SY get noise from pedals where as SY create noise from their guitar tunings, volume and beating the shit out of their equipment. It's just a little something I hope for on the next record.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|