View Single Post
Old 08.08.2010, 04:26 PM   #11743
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses

8/10. It was just the way I expected it to be, a quite unique and original movie about love because it actually doesn't focus about "the love between two human beings" but more about "a single person being in love with another one". I think it's pretty realistic and it also has very well-directed scenes, great ideas and all that stuff. Once again, Joseph Gordon-Levitt is fucking great and he seems so nice, no one should be allowed to dump him, not even the wonderful Zooey Deschanel... I kinda hated her at the end of the movie, haha.

8/10. Continuing on my "indie movies about love" thing... I think I liked this even better than 500 Days of Summer. Why ? Well, I don't know, I love the whole atmosphere of this movie, I can't really say why... It seems so perfect yet kinda depressing... Zach Braff's character is very interesting while Natalie Portman pulls off her best performance (in my opinion). It also feels like a Wes Anderson movie (who is one of my favorite directors), if you see what I mean. Also, another indie soundtrack that is quite good, loved to see some Shins and Nick Drake in there. So, yeah, just a very very nice movie. Oh and there are some BEAUTIFUL shots at times, Zach Braff should direct more often.

8/10. I guess we can call that one an "indie movie about love" too, hahaha... Seriously, guys, this movie... It's just so cruel, Aaron Eckhart's character is one of the most evil bastards I've ever seen. I mean, just watch the movie, it speaks for itself. I love the very simple directing by the way: static shots, the camera rarely moves... It kinda makes you feel passive and makes you wanna hate the character(s) even more. I don't get why this is labelled as a black comedy though, I didn't laugh much. Great movie anyway.
TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|