View Single Post
Old 04.21.2010, 07:36 AM   #62
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
you might be on to something demon. But also a lot of his singles you hear on tv/radio are geared towards those mediums. They tend to be pretty far from his album tracks, and further from his (official) mixtapes.

----------------

Case in point, REBIRTH was released in February. It is NOT a radio album. It was meant as his "rock" album. The label hates it. And understandably. He's a horrible guitar player, yet he tries to solo. He switches from Andre 3000-style raps to No Doubt new wave to Blink 182 "pop punk", tries his hand at um "hardcore" does ballads samples Scarface disco and still manages an amazing duet with Eminem. The album is so fucked up and ridiculous and over the topand poised for failure (almost like GLITTER or TRAPPED IN THE CLOSET) that the label (and by label I mean Universal, not Cash Money) has instead released REBIRTH quietly and done nothing to promote it (DESPITE the fact that Wayne has actually produced a bunch of videos off of it, haha) and instead keeps releasing singles from Young Money's album to tide fans over. But honestly, REBIRTH is so fucking weird that I think it's awesome. It's so ridiculous that I find it brillian.t I mean, it's a huge star basically committing career suicide. I mean regardless of whether you think the music is "good" or "bad", it's at least waaaaaaaaay more interesting than any other Major Label rap album that has come out lately. I mean, BLUEPRINT 3 was a really really "good" album, but was it Interesting (as in something different, or stand-out-ish BEYOND just being a "good" rap album?) I can't believe it's not getting a lot more attention or analysis becuz it is fucked up. A slow-motion trainwreck falling off a cliff into a lake of sharks and razors on fire. I actually love it.