View Single Post
Old 06.25.2008, 12:48 PM   #97
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
you need to read it. read infinite jest by david foster wallace right afterwards, not because there's any literary connection, but because it's a killer mindfuck.

i never liked lot of 49. blegh.

schizo, you remind me of st. francis of asisi, who loved all creatures and preached to the birds. in truth i'm stealing this metaphor from roland barthes who used it to describe severo sarduy's love for words-- all words. but what i mean is that you love allbooks indiscriminately-- and that's great.

once you get older however, like me or grandpa glice, you're going to start to notice a lot of repetition, a lot of irrelevance, a lot of fluff, and you'll become picky.

this is a great time for you however so enjoy it while it lasts.

btw there's this tears eliot article about literature and the formation of character (or some such pap) that you might find interesting.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|