View Single Post
Old 01.22.2010, 02:21 AM   #9415
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
It's very disrespectful to him and fans of that film (such as myself).

*long rant deleted*

What's disrespectful is that Tarantino stole key scenes and dialogue from another movie and gave no credit to the director until he was threatened to be sued. I still like Reservoir Dogs, hence my rating. Regardless, the film is technically a remake -- it's a version of a film that's already been made. I am taking a guess you haven't watched City on Fire, nor has most Tarantino fans (though, honestly, most probably wouldn't because they don't want to read subtitles, for whatever reason).

Either way, I am curious what exactly you find "Avant garde" about his work? Seems like he's just some dude in love with Hark, Lam, Scorsese, DePalma, Kar-Wai, Godard... nothing original at all, and certainly not as deep as any of the aforementioned directors. He's not bad, but the constant hero worship thrown at him is baffling. His work is just a bit too shallow for me, but I won't deny that he's done some entertaining stuff. He's a good exploitation director. And if he can get people into better films, then.. well.. that's respectable. I would have never have known about the masterpiece ALL ABOUT LILY CHOU CHOU if it wasn't for him, so I gotta give him that. That's about it, though.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|