View Single Post
Old 02.06.2008, 08:41 AM   #1013
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Quite a few actually (look at say, Sonic Youth for instance) though I don't discount somebody's art just for being an asshole (unless I know them, then it gets harder to separate their art from their bad acts). I love Bukowski too. I think it's largely a myth though that all artists are difficult people, and all too often the myth is used by jerks to make themselves feel superior since they obviously must be geniuses to be such dicks.

Yes, but because of that, the myth is usually not so much of a myth as it is a stereotype, the difference being that while myths may have no basis on anything, stereotypes are usually backed up with plenty of examples.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|