View Single Post
Old 03.09.2007, 07:46 AM   #38
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I know this thread was a joke, and was probably made during some kind of exchange between atari and porkmarras, and is neither here nor there really.
Yeah, it was his idea of a joke, especially when he included the word "influence" to encourage the replies to be as saucy as possible.

Still, it is possible to recognize the Beatles' achievements (and yes, even to enjoy some of their songs) without really having them resonate with you at a deep level.
Sure, it is. But that's mostly due to your own predisposed bias about The Beatles, let's be honest.

It's all about whether or not something speaks to the individual listener.
You can come up with all the arguments in the world, do all the namecalling you like,
...self-satisfied...obstinate...
and it will not change the fact that some people are simply quite sincere in not liking this music enough to call themselves "fans."
And some people love Green Day, but hate The Stooges. And some...well:
the world's biggets idiot douchbag (and there are tons like him)

Just because you think most krautrock is overrated and subpar,
True, it's not my hobby; it's much more your field of esoteric expertise.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you have some kind of ulterior motive in these opinions just to "separate yourself and look cool."
That's your thing the last time I checked.

It's about TASTES, which are individual.
But music history has already been written.
Your idiosyncratic historical revisionism will never pan out, sorry. Your opinions that exclude the importance of The Beatles (and a corresponding appreciation for their music) are ultimately irrelevant.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|