View Single Post
Old 04.11.2006, 08:58 AM   #11
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
ah the 1-5-4-3-2-1 instead of 1-2-3-4-5-1

reversing the strands there

recently, (in various places on the internet) I appealed for someone to share a torrent of PBS' Alive From Off Center & I got my wish. (it got banned at DIME, but I managed to snatch it first) Someone dug out an old videotape that had "What You Mean We" on it. It's the episode where Laurie Anderson creates her "clone". Wacky stuff. Ostensibly, the clone is to handle the business side of Laurie's music...something she herself can't stand doing. Her clone is half her size, speaks with the "voice of authority" vocoder filter & chain-smokes cigarettes. Eventually, Laurie becomes spoiled & wants the clone to do everything while she just kicks back. The Dream Before is performed by the clone on some kind of cheap keyboard too while attempting to write a new song. In between, there's this great sequence at a diner where the cook has lost his mind & is uncontrollably inventing random dishes & all the while cannot stop singing along to the radio playing Smoke Rings.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217888/
I should really update this listing.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|