View Single Post
Old 04.03.2014, 09:44 AM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
If an intelligent non-corporeal entity created the whole of existance, and set it up so it would be favorable to life, hopefully leading to self-conscious life, would not that creator entity have set up some way for those who achieve sentience to "contact" or "commune" with it?

In all the reading I have done, no matter what the religious details, most of the deep thinkers of those beliefs state that death is likely to be the elimination of your "self-identity" as an "individual" consciousness, when you merge with the One/Prime Source of all. Supposedly this is the choice that the Buddha made, NOT to join up with eternity and instead to stay in our plane of existence to help others reach that joining.

The "self" is obliterated at the moment of illumination/nirvana/heaven etc. if this is true, and most all mystics seem to think this is what happens, then the "aftelife" is nothing like what is taught by religions, and instead is more like the dissipation of our tiny consciousness into the vast eternal wellspring of all consciousness. Like a drop of water joining an ocean, it is no longer definable as a drop.

heavy stuff