View Single Post
Old 06.29.2011, 10:29 AM   #107
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I have to agree. There really isn't a bad song on it. I do secretly wish she'd have put a few more flat out pop numbers in there, though. With the obvious exceptions of What the Hell and Smile, it's quite a subdued album, more in the key of something like 'Nobody's Home' - which to be fair is also a big favourite of mine. But then that may partially acount for why she's more interesting than a majority of her peers. She seems perfectly comfortable in a number of styles while a group like Paramore only really work in a single one - pretty much defined by Hallelujah and Misery Business. The further they move from that template the worse they get, while Avril can switch from epic ballads (I'm With You') to straight up power pop ('He Wan't') with no apparent drop in results.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|