View Single Post
Old 01.28.2013, 10:45 PM   #79
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Ray Lewis, to some, is a beacon of hope. James Lippitt sent the Ravens an email this past November. He was worried about his 16-year-old son. In October, Jeffrey Lippitt was behind the wheel of his Pontiac G6 in a heavy rainstorm near Leeds, Utah, when he braked for an accident and spun into a semi. Jeffrey suffered minor injuries; his 20-year-old sister, Anne-Monique, was rushed by a medical helicopter to Las Vegas.
Anne-Monique slipped into a coma, and her brother was traumatized and inconsolable. As James, a high school English teacher in Las Vegas, was grading papers one day, he felt a strong urge to reach out to the Ravens for help. James grew up in Baltimore, and shared his love of the Ravens with his son, who loves Ray Lewis.
Within an hour and a half after Lippitt sent the email, the phone rang with a Baltimore area code, and James' heart started pounding. It was a representative from the Ravens, who said Lewis was excited to meet Jeffrey. So the father and son traveled to San Diego for the Ravens' game against the Chargers on Nov. 29, and Lewis, who was still injured, pulled the boy aside on the sidelines, wrapped his arms around him and whispered in his ear.
He told Jeffrey that it was time for him to be the big brother now. He told him to lean on God, and God would be there for him. Jeffrey typed the words into his phone so he wouldn't forget them.
"Oh, I look at it constantly," Jeffrey said. "Basically, I have it down by memory now.
"It really did help, especially him saying that God doesn't make mistakes. Sometimes, I don't know what the reason is here and now. But He has a reason for it, and things will get better."
James Lippitt has noticed a difference in his son. He's more upbeat and motivated. Before, Jeffrey would be so sad that he couldn't go to school. He's on the swim team, but he wasn't motivated. Now he wants to be a captain and make it to the state meet.
"I've seen wonderful growth," James said, "and I think Ray Lewis has everything to do with it."
He pauses when asked about his daughter, a college student who hasn't come home. Thursday was Day 102 since the accident, he said, and she's not improving. Her brain is damaged and her condition is called "persistent vegetative state," he says. Anne-Monique is in long-term acute care.
When things get too hard for Jeffrey, he scrolls through his phone and looks at Lewis' words. Sometimes, he'll read them to his dad. They will watch the Ravens play the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl, and for three hours, maybe they'll forget.
In Akron, the hometown of Baker and Lollar, they can't forget. No one will forget Ray Lewis.

I am going to miss Ray Lewis like nobody's business yo! All the haters don't know, but I have literally been in Ray's shoes, I've been in bar fights that you didn't start that some motherfuckers are insistent on finishing. The reason Ray don't let that shit get to him is even though his entourage was defending themselves (those two dudes who got stabbed had a gun and were shooting at the limo!!) he still sincerely is haunted by the loss of life. It sucks when people try to start too much shit, and as Ray knows, God carries you through it all. I thank the Lord that quite literally none of the men who have stepped up against me trying to take my life have had to force my hand like what happened to Ray in 2000. I can respect that, and if folks like Wes Welker's wife want to run they mouth not knowing the truth, let them hate. As we Rasta chant and sing on the hillside,

Quote:
THEY SOLD JOSEPH IN EGYPT, BECAUSE HE KNEW THE TRUTH, THE SAME ONE THEY SOLD IN EGYPT WAS THE SAME ONE THAT'S FEEDING THEM, BUT THE STONE THAT THE BUILDERS REFUSED, SHALL BECOME THE HEAD CORNER STONE

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|