View Single Post
Old 04.22.2006, 01:05 PM   #30
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I kinda disagree (SY and the pumpkins and soad are for me the greatest 3 bands in the world...so im biased! lol). So to change the direction of this thead slightly, i will talk through what I think of each album, and then maybe we can come to a conclusion as to what the new album should/will be like!

Gish - A great deput album, not entirely brilliant but showed the band had a lot of promise

Siamese Dream - A modern classic, Masterpiece! No one could have predicted from Gish that Billy was capable of this!

Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness - The greatest album ever made! The scope and diversity of this album is beyond words. I disagree strongly with the claim that is album is bloated!

Adore - Underated. This is a beautiful and touching album that reveals itself to you on repeated listens. Listen to 'For Martha' It almost makes you wanna cry lol

Machina - Excellent last album built out of layers and layers of overdubs. Guitars/keyboards melt into each and delcate melodies struggle to be heard though a wall of noise. I love the production on this album. However the songs simply are just not as good on machina as on MCIS or Dream!

TheFutureEmbrace - I kinda like this album! But where is the heart-rendering songwriting of Corgan gone? This album seems a little cold to me!
Washing Machine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|