View Single Post
Old 12.12.2009, 01:49 PM   #54
mysonichaircut
children of satan

mysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's assesmysonichaircut kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland
The chord sequences are much "straighter" than before. More typical rock riffs at times, that was also true for Rather Ripped.

I feel the noise is less incorporated in their music now, itīs more like noise at the end of a song or a noise part in the middle of the song. In my opinion they were able to make the noise support the song and vice versa in a better way before. Much more nuanced.

And as discussed before here on the board the start of Antenna is quite a cheap and tired trick (the delay stuff) that I did not expect from someone who has studied weird guitar sounds for decades. Its a tiny detail, but still annoys me.

And also : hasnt Thurstonīs lyrics become more stupid and annoying on the last two records? When he sing about "noise meditation" it makes me cringe.

Sometimes i think that they believe more in their importance as a band these last years after the positive feedback from Murray Street onwards. And I feel it has weakened their music, at least the post Jim O` Rourke albums. Most of my favorite music also have a lot of doubt and humbleness to it. And I am NOT trying to call them cocky! Somebody understand what i am trying to say? or agree/disagree?

Hope they use a long time in the studio next time, not the "record it quickly while itīs still fresh" attitude that they have opted for on the last two. Their best albums have both the immediate AND the tiny details in a good balance.

totally agree!
mysonichaircut is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|