View Single Post
Old 04.18.2008, 05:31 PM   #20
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I guess my thing is, I think a lot of people here write things off without, y'know, bothering to listen to it. For example, I'll mention TOOL; automatically, visions of some idiot pothead 13 year old in a Lateralus shirt saying "fuck god!" comes in a lot of Sonic Gossip member's mind. Okay, understandable. But that overlooks the amazing artist and musical contributions that band has added to the world of popular music, right? Right.

Same with black metal. "Man, it has to suck, look at the people who like that! Look at the IMAGERY of it! It's a joke!" Who knows what people think? My point is, if you care about music, you know actual MUSICALITY, you wouldn't completely write off black metal. Almost every black metal band you'll hear has written some of the greatest metal riffs ever just as a prerequisite. I'm not a huge fan of all the imagery or the production or perhaps the band members, but talking about the music, it's usually in top form. Everyone here should at least check out Dodheimsgard.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|