Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03.12.2020, 02:26 AM   #28
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I work at a public hospital. We just began rigorous testing two days ago. Out of almost 300 cases tested, only one has come back positive (however with results taking multiple days, this is bound to climb sharply).

That said, we are still in the early days. This thing has been circulating in China since at least the middle of December, and community acquired cases are all but guaranteed to have been occurring for weeks here.

The toilet paper apocalypse is the tip of the iceberg showing, as those items take up large-volumes of shelf space. Soon most items will be hard to come by.

Personally, I've been preparing since early January, and I feel that I'm ok to shut my front door and not walk out for 2 months. As I see it, the virus won't be the biggest issue. Everyone will get it, and most won't die. The problem will be the lack of medicines, fuel (for Oz at least), and as someone who tries to only buy 95%+ made in Australia, a large number of groceries.

Small businesses will fail, people's rent will go unpaid, and homelessness will skyrocket in the coming months, globally.

It's too late to close the borders. Suck it and see, Sheilas. I'm here to live out my Mad Max fantasy.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|