View Single Post
Old 09.24.2006, 01:58 PM   #39
Saturseven
little trouble girl

Saturseven has much to be proud ofSaturseven has much to be proud ofSaturseven has much to be proud ofSaturseven has much to be proud ofSaturseven has much to be proud ofSaturseven has much to be proud ofSaturseven has much to be proud ofSaturseven has much to be proud ofSaturseven has much to be proud ofSaturseven has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
I can name many of his movies that are quite attention-getting, but I can't name any Waters movies that are good cinema. Cry-Baby comes the closest, and that's mainly due to Depp's performance. Pecker got a lot of buzz, and it's probably his second best, but it's really not very good at all; Ricci is also not that great of an actress despite the indie cred she earned with Buffalo '66.
His work sort of occupies a middle ground between Paul Morrissey and regular Hollywood films, and he's vastly overrated by those that give a dogturd-eating shit about his movies. It seems to be a law that one must adore him if one is queer.
I liked him as a guest star on Homicide: Life on the Street (also set in Baltimore) and I loved him on The Simpsons.
I met him at a bookstore a while ago; he had just put out a sex/art book. He seemed nice to me.
More or less, I agree with your assessments.
Saturseven is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|