View Single Post
Old 05.10.2009, 08:14 PM   #57
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
Thurston invented singing the notes you play on guitar. SM doesn't do it that often. Except for Mercy Snack: The Laundromat and Baptist Blacktick, which are both terrible, terrible songs.

Mercy Snack and Baptist Blackstick rule. Westing is definitely my favorite Pavement album. Thurston didn't invent singing the notes, people have been doing that forever. At the top of my head, Black Sabbath's "Iron Man". See every prog band ever doing it at some point. Haha. I think it sounds really boneheaded and ridiculous in that case and some of Thurston's attempts at it are silly (especially since he does it in SO MANY SONGS), but a lot of bands do it well. See Deerhoof for example. It's not some amazing, mindblowing thing (not saying you think it is).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|