View Single Post
Old 12.04.2012, 02:40 PM   #2201
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
When Becks came to LA it was sort of like *yawn*

the dude has been quite the good luck charm after his tumultuous introduction, after today that is three MLS Championships out of four appearances, and suddenly people in America have been paying attention to MLS (largely because of the USA National Team but still)...

Interesting. I don't know anything about MLS other than that Galaxy here in LA seems to have been kicking asses for years running. Good for them, but it combined with being the anchor of the national team is killing Landon Donovan. At least like Jordan he is having the opportunity here to go out on top.

Houston Dynamo and LA Galaxy have either won or been a part of championship MLS games like 6 out of the last 8 years! National media does not give a fuck about anything Houston. it is brutal.

OUr football team is best in nation, and gets no media coverage at all. Our futbol team has gone to championship 2 years in a row, and won two MLS cups in the last 6-7 years, and no national coverage. It is horrible.

when the Rockets won their first championship in 1994, Sports Illustrated did not print a special championship Rockets edition, which they do for every other champ, and did not put hakeem THE DREAM on the cover even though he won Def Player of the Year, League MVP,a nd finals MVP that year.
when the rockets held the giant pep rally afterwards, some fuck from SI came to congratulate team, and the entire crowd boo'ed so fucking loud and long that the fucker could not even speak, and was embarrassed and had to hand the mike back to Rudy T.