View Single Post
Old 11.24.2016, 11:39 AM   #20078
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
just watched akira in an indie cinema here.

i bought a region 1 dvd import of this movie for £25, back when anime was something you couldn't get in the uk. in fact the guy who ran the comic book store that had it asked me if i was sure i wanted to buy it because of the region issue. i could only play it 3 times on my computer because after changing region 3 times it would lock. i did not regret buying it for one moment. i think this must have been around 2001 or 2002. this was the dubbed version (and it's a decent dub).

i watched the subbed version last night in a small cinema with the volume level almost loud enough to hurt. it was spectacular. even the uncomfortable chairs and giggling hipsters in the audience couldn't ruin it.

Akira is just amazing. Perhaps the best anime movie of all time. Like the Apocalypse Now of anime. Maybe Princess Mononoke is up there with it. But yeah, I'd kill to see it on a big screen.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|