View Single Post
Old 03.08.2012, 08:19 PM   #5870
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Actually, Plain Recordings doesn't always do such a great job with reissues as you mention. They are well known for screwing things up and releasing vinyl originated from questionable sources like .MP3s even. Glad your Spiritualized records do sound good. I've read positive comments of their recent Low releases, so that's good news to me, too. However, some other people (like Primus fans, for instance) have been truly fucked, so it's always reasonable to be skeptical of anything they put out as they often times do have weird standards.

I have a pretty good stereo, with a mid-80s Yamaha A-1020 int amp driving my JVC QL turntable. Even so, I can't claim to be the most critical audiophile out here when it comes to discerning recording quality. All I know is it sounds very good to my ears.

I haven't noticed anything fucked about anything I have from them so far. And as someone for whom LP packaging is a big deal, I think they do a superb job.

So what is the best of the bunch from Spiritualized?