View Single Post
Old 04.28.2009, 11:52 PM   #17
Johnny American
little trouble girl

Johnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard suckaJohnny American cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
didn't listen to the album yet but most sy albums need a few spins before i can make my mind about them. i remember i used to hate nycgf on the first few listens/months and now it is one of my favorites. allow the album some time so it can sink...

Moshe, you are the king of bringing us all much needed updates, and a devoted follower, so I'll have to respectfully submit that I have heard it three times and was just shockingly disappointed each time. I've always really enjoyed Sonic Youth albums on the second listen if not the first; maybe there's something unusual with me in that aspect. (Opening myself up to easy insults with that there, but hey ... I'm trying to make a larger point about the band and how they interact with each other and the musical world these days, not just bash some of your guys' new favorite album).

I've definitely had strong favorites shift over time and found new things to love about albums that I thought were less than strong like everyone else, but this is just, like from-another-band, first-time-ever bad to me. Hopefully you'll disagree and enjoy it!
Johnny American is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|