Thread: 1967
View Single Post
Old 09.28.2014, 07:45 AM   #1
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I have recently listened a lot of albums released in 1967 and find them all great! There came a document "It was twenty years ago" from Finland television in 1987 & since then I have thought 1967 was very important year in music. But still I have been suprised how many great albums has released then I´ve ever heard before. Of course the most of the great albums has made in the period of 1965-1975, but I think the most creative peak was in 1967. There has come great artists after 1975 ( such as Sonic Youth, Nick Cave, P.J. Harvey, Kate Bush, Jon Spencer & John Parish) but the commonly music has gone to the worse direction after 1975. Of course there has made "candy"-albums also in 1967 (I have had no interest to listen Petula Clark).

Here are the albums I have listened:
the Beatles: Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
the Beatles: Magical Mystery Tour
Jimi Hendrix Experience: Are You Experienced
Jimi Hendrix Experience: Axis: Bold as Love
the Doors: the Doors
the Doors: Strange Days
Leonard Cohen: Songs Of Leonard Cohen
Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band: Safe As Milk
the Who: the Who Sell Out
Traffic: Mr. Fantasy
Big Brother and the Holding Company: Big Brother and the Holdind Co
the Kinks: Something Else By the Kinks
Cream: Disraeli Gears
Bob Dylan: John Wesley Harding
Bob Dylan and the Band: the Basement Tapes (recorded 1967, released 1975)
Jefferson Airplane: Surrealistic Pillow
Jefferson Airplane: After Bathing at Baxter´s
Grateful Dead: Grateful Dead
Blues Section: Blues Section
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|