View Single Post
Old 07.05.2009, 11:49 PM   #34
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboree
OK, I'm gonna be the one to complain like a bitch, I do apologize...

I was at this show and while I expected to hear new material, I didn't expect them to play the entire LP, straight through (albeit in a different order). Honestly, it was tiring and boring, especially since I listened to the new album straight through on the car ride there. I would have liked to hear a few more classics to keep things interesting and fun.

Overall it was the worst SY concert I've been to. I don't know what it is about the Electric Factory, but from my experience concerts there always bring out the worst crowds and shit setlists. I do agree that DV69 and the encore was good, but still could have been better (Thunderclap is the one song I hate off the Eternal).

Oh and for the record, I did enjoy Kurt Vile, but loathed the Entrance Band. That guy should never attempt to sing lead vocals on anything.

Yeah, to be honest I thought that it wasn't their best show either (in fact, yeah, it was also the worst one I've been to) There were a lot of mistakes in the set and it was slightly annoying to hear the entire album with no breaks at once. When I met Thurston briefly after the show he joked about how they were still trying to master their new stuff. Oh well. It was still worth it. I must admit that I'm a completely sucker for Cross the Breeze so hearing that live again totally made my night.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|