View Single Post
Old 07.03.2021, 09:53 PM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
I could have started this thing on The Political Thread, but who's gonna catch it there. Zero guarantees it's gonna be seen here either, but what else can I do.

On June 30, I received the following message from the excellent Sensory Leakage label (check their Zener_08 tape by Alison Cotton - I bleedin' love her and The Left Outsides!) via Bandcamp:

Quote:
Thanks to the endless frustrating fuck-up that is Brexit, with heavy heart, as of 1 July, I will no longer be able to accept physical orders from the EU – hopefully temporarily. Punitive new VAT and customs and handling charge regulations are coming into effect.

My conscience won't allow the label's EU supporters slapped with potentially ridiculous charges for buying a tape from me. Hope you understand.

Hopefully, Bandcamp will be able to implement something that deals with this problem for artists and labels, and do it soon, but for now, we are where we are. Options are being considered. And by all means drop me a line via the Sensory Leakage contact page if you want to pick up the thread of this...

All physical orders from non-EU countries will be taken processed as normal.

Huge thanks for your time and support.

And on June 29 (updated July 1), Discogs put this up on its blog:

Updated: Everything You Need to Know About Upcoming UK and EU VAT Changes on Discogs

This looks SERIOUSLY disastrous. And I shouldn't even really care as far as my own purchases go (not that I have any goddamn money). Or should I? I don't think! But hey, all that sweet sweet ₤ now goes to the NHS, right...?

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|