View Single Post
Old 01.24.2019, 05:17 PM   #23474
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It isn't imperceptible. I just don't look for a Western to provide a true or even-handed version of history. Nor do I think Ford was remotely interested in providing one. Westerns at that time were full of lazy racial stereotypes. Fuck, Hollywood at that time was full of racial stereotypes. I don't think anyone who loves MDC in 2019 is oblivious to it. They just contextualise it in terms of the time it was made and concentrate on the things that actually made them fall in love with it in the 1st place ... which I'm sure had absolutely nothing to do with its rather cringey representation of Mexicans.

this is the WHOLE POINT! That white people in USA are able to live lives heedless of the sufferings and troubles of the brown people around them.

I hate watching TV shows and movies about rich white people problems. Their "problems" are ridiculous, and of little relevance to working people of any color. This is the plot of 80% of sitcoms on TV, overly wealthy white folks dealing with "problems" that are actually just inconveniences.

I remember watching Good Times and crying when James Evans Sr. keeps getting turned down for work. white folks on TV cry when their latte comes out with too little foam.