View Single Post
Old 01.24.2019, 04:46 PM   #23470
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ofc this is imperceptible to a lot of people

It isn't imperceptible. I just don't look for a Western to provide a true or even-handed version of history. Nor do I think Ford was remotely interested in providing one. Westerns at that time were full of lazy racial stereotypes. Fuck, Hollywood at that time was full of racial stereotypes. I don't think anyone who loves MDC in 2019 is oblivious to it. They just contextualise it in terms of the time it was made and concentrate on the things that actually made them fall in love with it in the 1st place ... which I'm sure had absolutely nothing to do with its rather cringey representation of Mexicans.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|