View Single Post
Old 05.04.2009, 11:28 AM   #375
koolthing78
bad moon rising

koolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure if that "uhh" was directed at me, and if so, if it was in agreement or complete bafflement. But if it was the latter, I find that surprising given your signature (the quote from John Cage, which I had never heard before, but totally LOVE)--if it didn't make sense the first time, try rereading it before assuming the fault lies with me (except on my second post--I was high as a kite, and kind of lost track as to who my "audience" was (so any confusion there is completely warranted)).

As another aside unrelated to this album, I hear a lot of criticism over Thurston's lyrics in Pink Steam. While not exactly brilliant poetry, does no one else appreciate the darkness? Maybe it's just me, but the imagery of all that fresh pinkness, and lines like "I'm the one who loves your mother" suggest a (step?) father who lusts after his wife's nubile young daughter. I was initially turned off by the lyrics, but once I realized the "plot" (at least my interpretation), it made the cheese a whole lot easier to stomach.
Either I don't understand the point of "repping," or I do and it really is pointless. Fortunately I'm colorblind, so it wouldn't make sense to concern myself with being concerned about it in the first place.

www.myspace.com/koolthing78
koolthing78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|