View Single Post
Old 02.19.2014, 03:59 PM   #37934
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i've taken photos and even shot video at shows (with big cameras and stuff) but i think the problem these days is not that the audience video is "shitty" (whatever that means) but rather that it interferes with other people's experience of the show for two principal reasons:

1) photographers used to stand in the front row (some still have a space), and shoot whatever they wanted. or, if you were some rows back, maybe you used a zoom or whatever. i've shot video where we had designated spots, etc (as most video shoots will do) in bars, theaters, etc. i don't know about others but it makes me self-conscious and you try not to bother the audience. however, most cellphone photographers/videographers feel entitled to their shots and invariably RAISE THEIR HANDS right in front of your face where they can best block your view and put themselves in your personal centers stage.

2) whereas "old" photo/video was shot looking through a viewfinder, lcd screens light up in front of everyone's face in what is often a dark space. multiply this by the curtain effect of everyone and their mother raising their hands in front of everyone else behind them, and you understand why zooey deschanel bans phones at her band's shows (ha ha).

this has nothing to do with being in the moment or whatever, but everything to do with fucking it up for everybody else-- like people with pneumonia coughing at piano concerts.

don't tell suchfriends he's wrong though. he might get irate!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|