View Single Post
Old 09.27.2009, 05:21 AM   #33
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
I don't understand these killers who "repent" and "find God" while in prison or whatever. They think that because God has forgiven them, then why can't the rest of the world? It's so fucking hypocritical. Find God on your way to Hell, bitch.

How is it hypocritical? The whole point of Christianity IS to forgive. Isn't that why fictional character Jesus died and then came back to life and still loved people, instead of taking his revenge?... Maybe I'm too forgiving of a person myself -- as I've said elsewhere, I was beaten, molested, etc. but I forgave the person. But (and this is what brought up that thread the other day that I made about it) my mom, on the other hand, will never forgive the person, still wanting to go beat her up and all this stuff -- you know, my mom is more tore up and revenge-seeking than I am, and I was the one who actually got slapped around and my dick played with! Haha. But, sure, I'd forgive someone who murdered my family 40 years ago, when they were a different person, as well. Hell, in a way, I'm probably more Christian than any actual Christians! Who's to say, she probably did "find God". What's the difference? If the world was more "forgiving", then the world would be a better place. Maybe.

It's interesting what you said, though, because I posed this question to a preacher when I was 12 years old. I've only went to church maybe 15 times in my entire life and this was one of the last times. I asked him.. if a person is "saved" by God and then goes on to murder someone, will he still go to Heaven? And the preacher said "anyone that believes in God will go to Heaven."

Of course, having read the Bible in its entirety twice, I seem to recall there being many points in it where it talks about how there's a narrow way to Heaven and only few shall enter the kingdom. But, you know, the Bible is a book for a society that existed hundreds of years ago and probably has no bearing on the society we currently live in (especially with all the revisions to it and whatnot). It's like someone worshipping my fucking t-shirt in 500 years from now.

Regardless, it may not be "cool" to say, but I'm sure Susan Atkins probably did feel bad for what she did... I am part of the world who forgives her, I guess.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|