View Single Post
Old 08.09.2018, 02:11 PM   #526
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
So sick of Kenrick hype, I try to find reasons to NOT like his output. I take a very hard, critical look at his work, looking for flaws. Can't find many on Maad, Pimp or damn. A dud song here or there, a flawed line or two. Otherwise, certified GOAT. It's boring, really, how great his records are.

EDIT: Thought of something. He uses the word "pussy" way too much.

It *is* almost boring how perfect his records have been. Well put.

There are some meh moments on Section.80, but the great ones are SO great that I don’t give a shit.
I personally don’t enjoy playing TPAB that much because it’s so goddamn intense in a personal, not sonic, kind of way, and I don’t often get a hankering to meditate on dead black people, addiction, dead rappers, homeless people and the struggle with the ID. But it is objectively a brilliant album.

Damn is the one I bump the most, because once it starts, it feels like nothing else even exists.

Kanye’s production and overall sonic aesthetic is better and more “imperfect” in all the right ways to make it super interesting as a whole. But as far as RAPPING goes, Kendrick is so good it feels like it shouldn’t be a discussion.

He puts Eminem to shame in terms of interesting and structured flows and schemes over the course of a song, puts Pac to shame in terms of straight up rapping, and puts Biggie to shame in terms of swagger and intensity. (Yup, Biggie.)

I’m ready to call him the GOAT.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|