View Single Post
Old 02.20.2014, 01:35 AM   #89
dasx
children of satan

dasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
I have zero insight beyond what's been posted in this thread, but it seems like Thurston may have permanently relocated to London, put together a new band (aka Thurston Moore UK), recorded some songs with them ("Detonation" etc), and is releasing a solo album comprised of these songs as well as Chelsea Light Moving leftovers. I say "leftovers" only because it seems like CLM may be on hiatus/finished due to the relocation. The video being released as Thurston Moore rather than CLM is what leads me to think this.

Could be wrong about everything, maybe CLM will remain his "North American touring band"?

I think it's better that Thurston is making music as a leading artist and not trying to start a band. CLM was just a backing band for Thurston, not a real band with collective ideas. Thurston needs to relax and start to write great songs again. It seems he's trying too hard to convince that he's okay and well without Sonic Youth. Probably he's the one who needs SY the most.
dasx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|