View Single Post
Old 06.23.2017, 12:27 PM   #1298
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Parker Lewis was 90-93
Northern Exposure was 90-95

I would have been 12 by 1995, and still mostly watching Nickelodeon.

Ok, so they were all on at the same time, at least for a while. I must have just not been watching the right networks. I don't know what station Parker Lewis was on, but I didn't have cable of any kind until around '97-'98.

We're about the same age then. I was largely off Nickelodeon by 1995, but I remember being super into the big three original Nick cartoons (Doug, Rugrats, Ren & Stimpy) when they first premiered in like 1990-91. I would watch the weekly episode and then watch as it re-ran every night until the next one. Man that was bad programming on Nick's part, but I liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Fun fact, I know there's one scene somewhere in Northern Exposure that very specifically references Twin Peaks, including the waterfall and the finger snapping background music. So there was some crossover.

Hmm. I don't remember this but I did always feel like TP and NE were the "evil" and "good" versions of each other, respectively. I need to re-watch NE. I always found that show very soothing and pleasant. Twin Peaks haunted my dreams when I did get around to watching a minute or two with my dad (who was obsessed) during the original run. I had nightmares about Laura Palmer's corpse for years until I finally watched the show in full at an older age. It was less frightening and 100% more hilarious from a more mature perspective.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|