View Single Post
Old 05.08.2006, 04:31 PM   #4
Blue Movies
empty page

Blue Movies has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
So ever since i posted this i have been researching info on this gig . Haven't found anything yet but i did find 2 things i thought were intresting .

One was web fax that had expired some time ago but still had the jist of the fax in the send confirmation that Thurston Moore and Steve Shelly were doing some kind of G.G. Allin tribute concert shortly after his death .

I don't find this hard to belive since Thurston obviously does do tribute like the one he did for Sonny Sherock .

But once again i would need some kind of inside verification on that one seeing as it could have been a rumor .

The second is just funny ill post the link to the interveiw with Thurston and post his comments on here .

TW: Bands with names like the Trillobytes, the Sheen Machine (featuring Emilio Estevez) and Willy’s Wankers from Britain. Tell us about some bands we might not have heard of out on the West Coast.
TM: There’s this whole New England thing we’ve been cultivating, called the Pepperidge Farm scene. It’s a bunch of GG Allin’s bastard children. They’re rebelling against their father by becoming Young Republicans and starting these Homeland Security Core bands. I just produced one called America’s Buddies, another called Kondoleeza’s Kids and this band called Chunk Suck from D.C. I wasn’t aware they even had music down there, so these guys really floored me. If you listen closely to the D.C. records, you’ll hear a kind of desire to make a musical statement, but it’s extremely obscure.

http://www.thewavemag.com/printartic...rticleid=22658
Blue Movies is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|