View Single Post
Old 08.09.2016, 05:43 PM   #50
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
by the way, for the entire year of 2003 i probably at mushrooms five days out of every seven with several periods of every day for weeks, and im not talking about some almost inactive 1/4 gram, im talking about getting baked on 1/4 OUNCE..

mushrooms aren't like other psychedelics, they are mild, they don't necessarily cause any long term effects.. sure in the short term they can trip people the fuck out, but long term they are safe. there have been medical grade studies in Europe. people were fine
no meltdowns.. no ill effects.. no damage to my brain functions.. if anything, that was a very positive year

Hey, I did that too. Same year, no less. Well, mostly the same year. My mushroom fuckery started sooner than 2003, but that year I spent at least ½ of my days tripping to some degree.

My concern is that that "come down" effect would be exponential rather than incremental, leading to an eventual full blown seratonin depletion even if someone were only taking a negligible ¼ gram a day. I'm not saying that would definitely happen, but it's possible enough to make someone like me, with ongoing anxiety and depression issues, wary.

And mushrooms are only mild in small doses. As you know (don't tell me you don't), once you get up to the neighborhood of 5 or more grams, you're very likely to have a mindfuck blowout that's just as intense as any effect LSD may produce. Not that I'be ever had any mushroom experience that can compare with the times I really overloaded on acid.

I don't necessarily agree that mushrooms are harmless. Depends on what you consider harmful. They are essentially poison. They may not have the scary long term effects that have been reported with LSD, but they don't do any favors for your liver or your digestion, and like all dopamine/seratonin floodgate openers, they can cause a rebounding effect manifesting in MDD symptoms. I've seen some very happy go lucky mitherfuckers get extremely depressed in the wee hours after a night of hard tripping. It's nothing your brain doesn't correct on its own pretty quickly, but it certainly qualifies as a down side.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|