View Single Post
Old 08.09.2016, 12:45 PM   #46
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
*But I haven't really done much smoking in the past ten years. Maybe a handful of times at this point. So I've missed out on a lot.

One of my friends swears by eating about ¼ gram of mushrooms every single day (every. single. day.) to combat anxiety. Keeps trying to get me to try it as a "healthier" alternative to benzodiazepines. However, knowing how mushrooms affect ones seratonin and dopamine regulations in the brain, I'm waiting this out to see if this person doesn't have an eventual meltdown from self-prescribing eyeballed doses. She's kind of crazy to start with, so I may have to be patient, but I'm pretty sure there's going to be a backfire. These things are worth looking into in a lab setting, but it's lunacy to fuck around with mushrooms, LCD, mdma, or anything like that in your day to day life. Shit could get very real very quickly, and it might manifest in a strange way... uncontrollable crying in front of co-workers for example. Or an ill-placed tracer while driving. Yikes. Count me out.

Weird world.

i don't necessarily see the harm. its a very small dose, indeed a 1/4 gram is almost not enough to be psychoactive though will definitely have an effect on neurochemistry. i find this an interesting idea and if she feels it helps i support it. anything but pharmaceuticals that just fuck up brain chemistry.

i would believe CBD therapy might be more effective for anxiety BUT some people say cannabis actually aggravates their anxiety.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|