View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 12:57 PM   #55
Ich bin gael
little trouble girl

Ich bin gael has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I think the whole "download/listen/burn/delete" culture has caused me to burn out on music in a big way. It's just so overwhelming, and it really makes the music loose it's value, in my opinion. When you can get in in 3 seconds it just ins't as special anymore... the 2 month wait, the drive to the record store at midnight on release that, all of that is becoming obsolete, and that's quite a shame. I mean, let's put this into perspective: last year I bough around 150 albums or so (I have no job, mind you). This yeah, to this day I've bought none. I plan on buying Rather Ripper and a few others, but yeha Last year, I remember distinctly, within a 1 month period 75% of the albums I was looking forward to leaked. It's insane man.

So I'm taking a "break" (though I still listen to lots of music every day), and re-evaluating the way I listen to music. I've been a hypocrite in some ways. I hardly download leaks anymore, so that's one step in the right direction..

That's not to say that downloading is bad, so please don't get me wrong. it's a great way to find new music. But I feel people have misused it a great deal, and have begun to eat away at music culture, as well as the value that music has in general.
Ich bin gael is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|