View Single Post
Old 07.01.2009, 03:03 PM   #52
eternal
bad moon rising

eternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asses
I can confirm! i managed to score a setlist, despite probably being one of the shortest people there, i was pretty thrilled about it!

Ok, the concert: absolutely mindblowing! I was a little skeptical of the seated venue of Massey Hall, but we ended standing the whole time anyways and the sound was amazing! I was infront of Lee in the 3rd row. I can see why people thought the vocals may have been a bit low if you were in the back, but i was in the 3rd row and they sounded perfect to me (not too high, the guitars are most important for SY anyways).

The setlist was very good too! i do wish they had played a couple more oldies and a little less eternal (the whole album is probably not necessary). I was hoping to hear my absolute favourites (Cross the breeze/Hey Joni) but i will probably never see Death Valley 69 live again so i'm perfectly ok with it. DV69 was by far the highlight of the night. I actually had no idea what they were playing for about 10 seconds- i was so caught off guard and was NOT expecting it at all, it was great and i completely lost my shit. Other highlights were Massage, No way, Malibu gas station, tom violence. She is not alone was also absolutely amazing, a fantastic way to open and i love how they make it sound so different everytime they play it. I saw Kim put on the thunderbird first and was just thinking "SHIT, we are in for something special here"

Another thing i really loved was the variety of the crowd at this show in particular. There were young, old, REALLY old, almost equal genders, people in band shirts, people in gothic clothes, people in Abercrombie. This guy with the biggest hair ever was infront of us just jammin away with an oldie standing beside him in disbelief-it was awesome, props to that guy. It's amazing the range of people that Sonic Youth touches.

I have more pictures too. They're on my facebook though, i dont feel like uploading them again to Flickr or something, but feel free to look (i am not the best photographer, but theres some cool shots).
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=c34346bf5f

One of the best nights of my life- i really do hope they tour again!
eternal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|