View Single Post
Old 12.31.2016, 01:50 PM   #20330
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
I have all the OA's and intend to watch them soon. Sounds like they are a recco from you?

Well, we're on episode 3 right now.

So far, I give it a resounding YES as a recommendation. But know that I'm still just getting started really.

When I say "Gaimanesque," I really mean it. Are you into Neil Gaiman? If not, what I mean is that it's a modern dark "fantasy" with connections to specific world cultures and their mythologies and fairy tales. It's a bit slow, but sweeping and cinematic. Might be a little rough to get through the early bits, but I'd say wait until the end of episode one before you make a decision.

Just so you know, it gets dark fairly suddenly, in a specific way that I find particularly disturbing. I won't spoil it -- I think the sensitivity to this kind of subject matter is a personal thing for me, so it may not be unsettling to anyone else, but it's VERY jarring for me so I feel I have to mention it.

But yeah man, do it.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|