View Single Post
Old 05.16.2007, 03:03 PM   #51
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
now that i'm thinking about it some more...

murray street doesn't thrill me like it did, but it was 2nd sonic youth album i ever heard. i got an early pre-release version of it from kazaa, and before that the only album i'd heard was (the amazing) confusion is sex and the song bull in the heather.... so, of course, it shocked me that they could make this music like they did, 20 years later, completely different, but still make it compelling. so, yeah, it hooked me on sy, and i proceeeded to get everything they owned...

that being said, i think it's just full of good songs. just straight-up, you know, good tracks. none, besides rain on tin, are just AMAZING, but they're all just good. delicate, pretty, defeated, but... contemplative. i think it sets a consistent, interesting mood, and i dig how there are only two kim tracks (and they're at the end). haha. but she puts in a good performance. i really like the organ or whatever that is in sympathy...

but yeah. nurse i was pretty keen on when it came out. but it feels a bit disconnected now that i listen to it again. kinda silly album, really. and rather ripped just sucks.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|