View Single Post
Old 08.28.2017, 10:05 AM   #1648
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yep. You're right. I suppose I was just hoodwinked by the 'Doctor' bit.

I can't think of a character in 2000AD who really fits the template, but I get the feeling the creators wanted to distance it from anything associated with DW, given its dominant position within Brit pop sf at that time. Alan Moore started out doing the odd story for the orig DW comic but wasn't a fan apparently, although his Warpsmith stories for Warrior (an early 80s rival to 2000AD) had some similarities and the Warpsmiths themselves later featured in some DW spin-off audio books.

Incidentally, Future Shock, a documentary on 2000AD was released last year which I reckon you'd really enjoy. No involvement from Alan Moore (predictably), but there is Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison and a host of others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzxf...U&spfreload=10

Ooooh!! Thank you for the rec! I wish check it out with the quickness!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|