View Single Post
Old 10.11.2017, 06:00 PM   #50205
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
alright. So then as I assumed you've decided it's not good without hearing it. That's fine. Do your thing.

I like "Times Like These" myself. Shrug. I like pretty much all their stuff. Though One By One is certainly a weak link in their discography.

I don't know, to me much of their post 90's work is just good straight forward rock and roll. It's not ground-breaking or anything, but it sounds good to my ears.

At any rate Concrete And Gold is interesting because the Foo Fighters and Queens Of The Stone Age seem to have been hanging out quite a bit, bouncing ideas off each other while recording their new albums and I feel like the influence of the other shows in both albums. The new QOTSA is friggin' great as well, and I feel like it's "okay" to like them haha.

It is ok to like them. If it sounds good to your ears, good for you. But yeah, I’m deciding I don’t need to hear it because I am pretty sure I know what it sounds like. Is it a drastic 180 change from everything the Foos have recorded since 1997? If so, if you tell me, “Yes Severian, it’s completely new and different and totally unlike everything else,” then I will listen to it.

If that’s not the case, no point.

I also don’t really like any QOTSA post-Songs for the Deaf. Even that album is super meh compared to the two before it, which were brilliant. Kind of a similar situation to the Foos in that regard, I guess. And haven’t those two bands had kind of an incestuous relationship since like 2001?

Anyway, yeah, I kind of hate straight forward rock that is made in this era. Straight forward rock from back when the world needed such things has a certain vitality to it. Straight forward rock right now sounds like the radio in a dentist’s office.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|