View Single Post
Old 08.16.2017, 12:02 PM   #3
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I hit my paywall at Wall Street Journal, and do not wish to subscribe, so would you mind going into a little more detail?

From the intro, it seems that negative music reviews have been declining since the rise for aggregators, even though the cherished and beloved negative review is still alive and well in film, restaurant, etc.

I guess 2017 is a particularly bad (er... good?) year, with nearly 800 albums reviewed and exactly ZERO "red" score reviews according to Metracritic — a statistic I can almost not even credit, considering what passes for music and how bad so fucking much of it is.
Between 2012 and 2016, 7,287 albums have been reviewed and only eight have been rated poorly enough to fall into the "red" category. I'm not sure what that means exactly.. perhaps their metric for negative reviews is flawed, or the criteria too narrow. But YIKES, what will become of the chilcren?

Anyway, way more detail would be great.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|