View Single Post
Old 06.09.2008, 11:18 AM   #44
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Just an eccentricity of mine. it could store hundreds of songs but I prefer to just download a single album then listen to it on a loop whenever I'm on the tube, out for a walk, etc. It's a good way of getting to know a single album quite well, without the distraction of skipping to something else. I tend to keep a single album on there for a week - uploaded from the original CD. I'll often go back to albums I dismissed when first hearing them (as was the case with Rather Ripped) to see if there's something I missed. RR lasted about two days before I just gave up on it, deleted it from the iPod and just consigned the CD to the racks.

I like having this self-consciously limited access to music. It gives what i listen to an added intensity simply because I hear it so much. I often find strange little fragments of brilliance in albums that I'd previously brushed aside after only a few listens. Joan as Police Woman's Real Life being a good example of an album I once thought of as OK but which has become something of a favourite of mine after listening to it on my iPod for an entire week.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|