View Single Post
Old 12.19.2012, 10:18 PM   #153
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I never get this. All the "official bootlegs" listed on the Mustang to me are official live albums. They were put out by the band. I mean Hold That Tiger was carried in major record stores. Central Park was included in legit JPN pressings of the Eternal (box) even.

And sure stuff like Continental Club were sold via mailorder, but I mean Goofin' put out other releases not considered 'bootlegs' right? Shit, those Goofin' albums are even sold legit digitally on iTunes/eMusic/etc. So why aren't they considered official if they're officially sanctioned by the band, and being sold by the band?

You make an interesting point, and one that is hard to rebut. I'm not sure what was going through my head when I was developing the Discography in 2000, but I'm sure it made sense to me at the time (and was possibly even influenced by other discographies or sources).

You've also reminded me of a thread I've been meaning to start...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|