View Single Post
Old 03.28.2015, 10:38 PM   #19
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Man, my favorite Sonic Youth album was A Thousand Leaves for years. I caught tons of shit for that, but I stood my ground because I'm the biggest SY fan I've ever encountered IRL, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be lectured on cultural relevance by some pitchfork-thumping little shit-nose who bases his opinion on arbitrary lists thrown together by a bunch of people just like him.

ATL is fantastic. One of the few SY releases I actually managed to snag on vinyl. Contre Le Sexism is one of the band's worst songs though - such an atrocious start to a masterful album. If anyone here would like to explain the appeal of that track, in hopes of me growing an appreciation for it, I'd be extremely grateful.

And yes Trompe Le Monde rules. I never really listen to the pixies though. Still a chill ass band
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|