View Single Post
Old 04.29.2009, 06:16 AM   #78
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei
Well Nic, i don't see the point of this "bonus'' stream. It is just a marketing stunt.
Ok. Criticizing/questioning the "reasons" behind this idea is legit, but it's a different thing form the thoughts you posted earlier (which I disagreed upon).

Quote:
If the band and label would truly be ineterested in releasing the actual thing, the stream would have not been.
No idea what you mean here, as it seems pretty obvious to me that they are releasing a record+live lp+ other goodies..??

Quote:
I'm pretty sure anybody in SY can make a difference between streamed 128 Kbps MP3 and CD and i'm pretty confident in Thurston's opinion regarding quality in music.

That's for sure, that's why the stream is a bonus. I don't consider it an extra I paid for (coz it was apparent from the start that as soon as the stream was online someone would have uploaded it somewhere...and it's not the same as saying I wouldn't pay for a cd coz it can be ripped).

Quote:
As we can understand from the preavious posts, many of the boarders are satisfied with the 128 stream, even if they paid for the CD/12''. Sad...

This need "disambiguation". One thing is to be happy to get the chance to hear the album before it comes out on street date (not much different than being happy to hear/see live recordings of the new tracks), another thing is considering this "preview" fullfilling.
Personally it just makes me want to blast the "real cd" in a decent system with volume cranked up, coz the production (except for those panning voices bit, perhaps) seems to be great even with all the limitations of the preview and I really really like the album as of now.
For the other category, check my comment about tvs and bathrooms in my other post .

Hope you get that I'm saying these things not as an "attack" to you or anything, just for the sake of discussion and trying to express my views on the matter.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|