View Single Post
Old 10.27.2017, 11:33 AM   #11
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
dude. There's a new Weezer album out today, and I listened to your band first. Take that as the highest of high NR compliments.

y'know that thing when a friend makes some kind of art and you're kind of nervous to check it out because you know you will have to say *something* and you're like "ugh what if I don't like it? I need to be honest..." ? Well, all that anxiety left me within the first few moments.

You guys should be really proud of this. It's really really good. For realsies. Going back to Weezer - I'm always proud to share my love of a band that people hate. So you know I'm telling you the truth here. I don't pretend to like stuff that I don't.

Kelly's voice is GD lovely. Soft, vulnerable but not cloying. And it fits the tonal quality of the instumentation perfectly. Fittingly, your own voice juxtaposes against her in a really interesting way.

"I'll Leave Laughing" is a great opener. Really understated. And flows well into "Come Clean." "Lucia" is really pretty. Reminds me a bit of maybe a Moe Tucker VU track, or something Georgia would've sang on a YLT record. "Acado" is fucking weird, in a good way. Which brings me to a point that while all the songs here feel like they belong together, there's no samey-ness that can bog down a lot of bands. "Somethings" is like an 80s rock-pop thing. Reminds me a bit of like the Sentridoh version of Bryan Adams' "Run To You" or something. Speaking of influence, because we all try to draw these lines, I can't help but here an 80's indie vibe... like I'm thinking of Joy Division or Echo & The Bunnymen - at least in the guitar tone?

Anyway dude, you say this is maybe the only thing you'll release? Why? This is such a strong intro to this duo. Y'all should really keep at it.